Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shirred Sundress from Weekend Sewing





From Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. Although to be honest, you can find similar free tutorials if you do some googling... But not to dis her book; it's a lovely one! Very fun to look at and some very cool ideas!

I think I finally got the shirring thing down. A few weeks ago I spent a whole week practicing with elastic thread and NOTHING was working. So I just quit. Decided to give this dress a go, and all of a sudden, the shirring thing works! Hmmmm...I don't know, but I'll take it! 

I think I'll shorter the straps some more. And maybe even knot them! Because I don't think she'll keep them tied otherwise... Too fun to play with!

Not the greatest pics of the dress, as I did not have the most willing model that day. But it really turned out to be a cute dress! Now for some warmer weather so she can actually wear it!

No comments: